To kick things off I'm going to share my latest cupcake creation: Maple Bacon Cupcakes
When the idea was suggested to me, I knew I had to make them. After doing some googling, I found several different recipes but nothing really sounded like what I was looking for. Several just took pancake batter, folded in bacon, and baked them like you would a regular cupcake. I choose to create my own recipe based on several different vanilla cake recipes.
The only problem is I don't eat bacon so I wouldn't be able to taste my creation. My lucky roommate became my brave taste tester.
The cupcakes turned out perfectly! I brought them with me to my show and they were gone in no time. So am guessing they tasted good.
Bacon Maple Cupcakes
(Bacon maple cake, toped with maple buttercream and bacon)
2. While the bacon fat is solidifying, combined flour and baking powder. In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and bacon fat until combined. Add sugar and maple syrup and beat with butter mixer until fluffy.
3. Continue to beat as you add in the eggs, one at a time until combine
4. Add in half the flour mixture and mix until combined. Next add the milk, mix, and then the rest of the flour. Mix until combine.
5. Fold bacon into the thick cake batter.
6. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way. Bake for ten minutes rotate pan and bake for another 10 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.