Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mug chocolate cake!

Today I was craving me some chocolate cake. I didn't have the energy or the calories to make an entire cake so I made the next best thing; a mug cake. This is a cake that takes less then 5 minutes to make and its baked in your microwave.

If you do a simple google search you will find soooo many different recipes for microwave cakes. I use this particular one because there are no eggs. The last thing you want is to worry about fully cooked eggs when your making a cake in the microwave. This isn't the best cake you've had but its still delicious.




Microwave Mug Cake
this is not my recipe but I have no idea where I found it


4 tbs flour
4 tbs sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
2 tbs water
2 tbs oil


1. Combined all ingredients in a mug and mix. Microwave for 1:30, the center should still be a little liquidy. 


Yes. Thats it. Eat it warm right out the microwave. I've never been patient enough to eat it cold but I've heard its best not to do that.


Here are some adaptations you can play with :

  • add some chocolate chips or nuts or both! to the mix
  • replace the water with coffee for a richer cake (this is a must for me)
  • mix in some chili powder or cinnamon for a little kick (both delicious)
  • stir in some flavored extracts to make a mint chocolate or orange chocolate cake
  • top with ice cream or whipped cream
  • poor carmel or chocolate syrup over the top of an extra decadent treat!
  • or just skip the whole cooking process it tastes just like brownie mix without the fear of raw eggs
Hope this helps satisfy some cake cravings!

No comments:

Post a Comment