Sunday, April 15, 2012

Pasta Pasta Pasta!

Its been awhile since I posted. I promise to post a little more often but until school ends things will be a little erratic for awhile. A couple of weeks ago I made some cupcakes for a friends fundraiser. The bacon ones sold out in no time at all! People really do love bacon I guess!

Last night I was stuck at home with very little in my fridge and no way of getting to the store. All I had was an egg, some pasta sauce, and baking stuff. What to make? I really wanted something more then just an eggs but I really didn't want pancakes or anything sweet. So after some intense googleing I decided to conquer one of my top items on the to make list; pasta.

As simple as pasta is to make, it can be completely intimidating. It really is so easy. I took one cup of flour, some salt and an egg mixed it rolled it out and bam! fresh pasta! Thats it.  It was so delicous and so easy. I'm excited to try some more combinations.

Pasta Dough
1 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 egg
1-2 tablespoon of water

Mix flour and salt together in a bowl and create a well in the center. Crack egg into the center then use a fork to whisk egg and slowly add in flour. As you mix, your going to have to add the water to bit at a time. Its up to you how much you add. The dough should be dough-like without being dry. Once a ball has been created, start kneading the dough for 3-4 minutes. This will smooth it out and allow the gluten to develop. At this point you can allow the dough to rest or begin to role it out. Roll it to desired thickness and the cut into desired shape. Cook in salty boiling water for 2-3 minutes.

Thats it!

The results are so much better than the boxed stuff and cost less if thats even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment