Sunday, July 8, 2012

Guac time!

I used to hate avocados. When I was younger I thought they were the grossest thing in the whole world. My parents loved them though and would always order guacamole at our local mexican restaurant. They would bring out a big bowl and make it right there next to the table. One day I decided to face my fears and try it. My whole world changed. It was the BEST thing in the world. From then on  I have loved everything and anything with avocados in it; guacamole being my favorite.

I always make it for parties or potlucks and it is always a hit. One time, I made four avocados worth of guacamole. I swear two of my friends where about to fight over licking the bowl. They ate the entire bowl between the two of them. So here you go the easiest and best guacamole recipe ever!






Guacamole
2 avocados
1 clove of garlic
1 small tomato
half a lime
1/3 cup of onion
salt
1/4 cup chop cilantro (optional)

1. Smash the two avocados. Crush the garlic, dice the tomato and onion, and mix all with avocado. Squeeze the lime juice into the mixture and add a generous pinch of salt. At this point, add cilantro if you desire. Taste your guac and add what ever you think its missing!!

2. Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment